- Arab Cinema -Arab Film
- Filmakers Library Online (Alexander Street Press): Alexander Street Press offers free access to Filmakers Library Online until May 15, 2011.
You can register for immediate access to Filmakers Library Online
- Youtube is rich with such material. YouTube Downloader is a free user-friendly software that allows you to download videos from youtube. Link: http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html Mustafa al-Aqqad's film al-Risala (1976) can be watched online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2scy60_n5g You can download Shadi Abdel Salam's film, Al-Mumia (1969), with both Arabic and English subtitles: http://www.archive.org/details/The_Night_of_Counting_the_Years
- Film Guide: Iraq, Terrorism, and Their Regional Contexts [compiled by Foreign Policy In Focus, highlights films dealing with various aspects of the current crisis around war with Iraq, terrorism, the U.S. response, and the politics and history of Afghanistan, Asia, and the Middle East]
- Egyptian Posters, Egyptian Films
- Chronology of Palestinian cinema (1927-1999) compiled by Dr. Noemí Artal from Centro de Documentación sobre Cine Palestino & Center for Palestine Studies, Columbia University.
"This chronology of films made by Palestinian filmmakers is part of an audiovisual inventory of the traces that history has left in the 20th century. It consists of the (transliterated) original title and a translation into English and Spanish of 281 films (on-going research)."
- Lowell Thomas and Lawrence of Arabia: Making a Legend - Creating History
- Alexander Street Press. Subject Middle East.
- Fine Art Film (It is based in England, but all the films are Egyptian: current Egyptian popular films. B&W part of the Film Section: classic films from the 1950s-1970s)
- PALESTINE IN FILM: A Guide and an Annotated Filmography / By Marvin Wingfield-
- Middle Eastern Film Posters Digitization Initiative from Princeton University Digital Library (PUDL)
"Princeton University Library’s Arabic Movie Posters and Lobby Cards Collection was acquired in Lebanon in 2008 and is comprised of 1,748 posters and 768 lobby cards. Egyptian posters predominate with 1,474, reflecting the unchallenged prominence of Egypt in the production of Arabic feature films. Some 150 posters are for Lebanese films, 113 Syrian and 11 Iraqi. The purpose of the posters was to advertize coming attractions, and they represent films produced from 1935 to 2007. Most of the posters are on standard Arab single-sheet size paper. However, many are on non-standard sheets. Similarly, there are posters that are composed on multiple sheets, including some on twenty-four sheets meant for display on the side of multi-story buildings. The lobbies cards, also for coming attractions and meant for display in theater lobbies, are composed of multiple still shots taken on movie sets and affixed to standard–sized cardboard. They represent 172 films produced in Egypt (145), Lebanon (13) and Syria (14) from 1964 to 2007."
- A Door on the sky = Bab al-Sama Maftuh
- A Time for Drunken Horses = Zamani baraye masti asbha
- A Wife for My Son = Une femme pour mon fils = Imraah li-ibni
- About Baghdad
- Al-Ard (The Land)
- Al-Asifa = La Tempete [Al Assifa / Desert Storm]
- Al-Dhakira = La memoire.
- al-Irhabi = Le terroriste = [The Terrorist]
- Al-Makhdu°un = The Dupes
- al-Mujtama` al-madani yuwajih al-istibdad : Munazarah bayna al-Duktur Sad al-Din Ibrahim wa-al-Rais al-Libi Muammar al-Qaddafi
- al-°Usfur = The Sparrow
- Alexandria Trilogy
- Arab and Jew: Wounded spirits in a promised land
- Art of Cinema in Iran
- Autour de la Maison Rose
- Bab al-Hadid (Cairo Station)
- Bab el-Oued City
- Badkonak Sefid = White Balloon
- Battle for the Holy Land (Frontline)
- Battle of Algiers
- Be Yade Iran (In Memory of Iran 1 & 2)
- Behind the Veil: Afghan Women under Fundamentalism
- Beirut to Bosnia: Muslims and the West
- Bent familia
- Blackboards = Takhte siah
- Book of Kings 'Shahnameh' / ZaZa
- Boycott = Baycot
- Bye Bye
- Cairo as seen by Chahine = Cairo [as told by Youssef Chahine] = Le Caire--
- Chasing the Sleeper Cell (PBS Frontline)
- Children of Heaven
- Chronicle of a Disappearance
- Close up = Nema-ye nazdik
- Cover-Up: Attack on the USS Liberty
- Cow = Gaav
- Day I Became a Woman, The
- Decoding the Past: Secrets of the Koran
- Divorce Iranian Style
- Dreams of Hind and Camilia = Ahlam Hind wa Kamilah
- El Sebou: Egyptian birth ritual
- Ghazl al-banat = Suspended Life [The razor's edge] = L'adolescente sucre d'amour = "Une vie suspendue"
- Googoosh Series
- Halfaouine [Asfur al-sath = A child of the terraces]
- Hamoun (Hamoon) = The desert
- Hollywood Harems
- Hunting bin Laden
- Ici et ailleurs = Here and elsewhere
- In the shadows of the city = Tayf al-madinah [videorecording] = l'ombre de la ville
- Inch' Allah Dimanche
- Inside Mecca (National Geographic Specials)
- IRANIA "Glory of the Past" (VOL. 1-2)
- Iraq : war against the people : the hidden story of the Gulf War
- Iraq: The Cradle of Civilization
- Islam & democracy, women in Islam, Shari'ah Islamic law
- Islam: A Closer Look
- Islam: Empire of Faith
- Islamic Conversations
- Jenin Jenin
- Jenin: Massacring Truth
- Jihad in America
- Jomeh = Jum°ah
- Khaneh, ye doust kojast [Where is my friend's house?]
- Kleine Freiheit = A Little Bit of Freedom
- Last Images of War
- Lawrence of Arabia : The Battle for the Arab World
- Le tourbillon = The tornado = El-aasar
- Lebanon...Imprisoned Splendor
- Life and nothing more (Zendegi va digar hich) [And Life Goes On]
- Living in paradise = Vivre au paradis
- Living Islam
- Looking For Answers (Frontline)
- Marriage of the blessed = Arusi-ye Khuban
- Muhammad: the voice of God
- Muslims (DVD) PBS Frontline Documentary
- Muslims in America: Islam in Exile
- Muslims in America: the misunderstood millions
- Nasser 56
- Noce en Galilée = `Urs al-Jalil [WEDDING IN GALILEE]
- NOW with Bill Moyers - 3/15/02
- Omar Gatlato = Omar it-kills-him
- On Their Own (Reham's Story)
- Once Upon a Time: Beirut = Kan Ya Makan Beirut = Il était une fois Beyrouth histoire d'une star
- Revolution in Cairo
- Rih al-sid = Man of ashes
- Saidi fi al-Gamaa al-Amrikiya [Saidi at the American University (Cairo)= An Upper Egyptian at AUC]
- Samt al-qusur = [The silences of the palace = Les silences du palais]
- Saudi time bomb?
- Sema of Peace: Sacred Dance of the Whirling Dervishes: A Video Presentation
- Shahateen wa nubalaa = Beggars and Noblemen = Mendiants et orgueilleux
- Smell of camphor, fragrance of jasmine = Buy-i kafur, °itr-i yas (Booye Kafoor, Atre Yas)
- Spiritual Dimensions
- Spying on Saddam
- Summer thefts = Sariqat Sayfiyyah
- Tales from Arab Detroit
- Ta'm e guilass = Taste of cherry
- Terrorism and the Kebab = Terrorism & bar-b-que [Al-Irhab Wal-Kabab]
- Thartharah fawqa al-Nil
- The Aftermath: A Visit to Postwar Iraq
- The Apple
- The Bridge: How the Medicine of the ancient Greeks Came Back to Europe Through the World of Islam.
- The Circle (Dayereh = Il cerchio)
- The closed doors = Al abwab al moghlaka = Les portes fermées
- The Cyclist = Bicyleran
- The Extras = Al-Kompars
- The Girl With The Running Shoes
- The Guests of God
- The Gulf War, what next? = Harb Al-Khalij, Wa Ba'd?
- The Hajj : a journey of faith. The Hajj mission of a lifetime. Title on cassette label: Hajj package
- The Islamic mind / with Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- The Islamic Wave
- The Message: the story of Islam
- The Nights of the Jackal [Jackal nights] = Layali Ibn Awa
- The Ottoman Empire
- The pear tree
- The Peddler = dast-foroush
- The Puppeteer = Al-Araguz
- The Runner = Davandah
- The Story of Islam
- The Traditional World of Islam
- The Water-Bearer is Dead = El Saqqa Mat = Le Porteur d'eau...est mort
- Traditional Persian Art Music: The Radif of Mirza Abdollah
- Trail of a Terrorist: The Ominous Lesson of Ahmed Rassam
- Travellers [Mosaferan]
- Truth, War & Consequences
- Tunisiennes = Bent familia
- Umm Kulthum: a voice like Egypt.
- Un Été à La Goulette
- Wars in peace: Iran-Iraq; Afghanistan
- Wedding Ceremony of the Shah and Farah Pahlavi
- West Beirut
- When the World Spoke Arabic = Lorsque le monde parlait arabe
- Women and Islam
- Yahya al-Hubb (Long Live Love)
Abnudi, 'Abd al-Rahman. Ahmad Sima'in [sound recording] / 'Abd al-Rahman al-Abnudi. al-Muhandisin [Giza] : Atlas lil-Nashr wa-al- Intaj al-I'lami,  $6.75 (U.S.). 2 sound cassettes (ca. 120 min.) : digital + 1 book (263 p. ; 19 cm.) Poems.
Abnudi, 'Abd al-Rahman. Yamnah wa-qasa'id ukhra [sound recording] / 'Abd al-Rahman al-Abnudi. al-Muhandisin [Giza] : Atlas lil-Nashr wa-al-Intaj al-I'lami,  $6.75 (U.S.). 2 sound cassettes (ca. 120 min.) : digital + 1 book (367 p. ; 20 cm.) Mukhtarat ; 1-2 Poems.
Abnudi, 'Abd al-Rahman. Ba'd al-tahiyah wa-al-salam [sound recording] / 'Abd al-Rahman al-Abnudi. al-Muhandisin [Giza] : Atlas lil-Nashr wa-al-Intaj al-I'lami,  $6.75 (U.S.). 2 sound cassettes (ca. 120 min.) : digital + 1 book (251 p. ; 19 cm.) Poems.
Abnudi, 'Abd al-Rahman. Jawabat Haraji al-Qitt [sound recording] / 'Abd al-Rahman al-Abnudi. al-Muhandisin [Giza] : Atlas lil-Nashr wa-al-Intaj al-I'lami,  $6.75 (U.S.). 2 sound cassettes (ca. 120 min.) : digital + 1 book (243 p. ; 20 cm.) Poems.
Abnudi, 'Abd al-Rahman. Wujuh 'ala al-shatt [sound recording] / 'Abd al-Rahman al-Abnudi. al-Muhandisin [Giza] : Atlas lil-Nashr wa-al-Intaj al-I'lami,  $6.75 (U.S.). 3 sound cassettes (ca. 180 min.) : digital + 1 book (407 p. ; 20 cm.) Poems.
Abnudi, 'Abd al-Rahman. al-Mawt 'ala al-asfalt [sound recording] / 'Abd al-Rahman al-Abnudi. al-Muhandisin [Giza] : Atlas lil-Nashr wa-al-Intaj al-I'lami,  $6.75 (U.S.). 1 sound cassette (ca. 60 min.) : digital + 1 book (94 p. ; 20 cm.) Poems.
The Arabian Nights : The Book of a Thousand Nights and a Night [ABRIDGED]
by Richard, Sir Burton, Philip Madoc (Reader), Richard Francis Burton. Audio Cassette - 42 pages Abridged edition (February 1995) Naxos Audio Books; ISBN: 9626345292 ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.37 x 5.46 x 4.21.
The romantic strains of Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade introduce and end each segment of this lush, nineteenth-century translation. The exotic music is seamlessly married to Burton's erotic adventures and Madoc's mellifluous voice. Though Madoc's theatrical training is obvious, his renderings are never stagy. He reads with dash and elan but doesn't turn this into a performance by adopting accents. Madoc allows the literature to speak for itself, occasionally underscoring a passage with the seduction of sibilant speech or the slight swell of anger. Please note that Burton's tales, filled with violence and sexuality, are meant for adult ears. R.O.F. (c)AudioFile, Portland, MaineBook Description Full of mischief, valor, ribaldry, and romance, The Arabian Nights has enthralled readers for centuries. These are the tales that saved the life of Shahrazad, whose husband, the king, executed each of his wives after a single night of marriage. Beginning an enchanting story each evening, Shahrazad always withheld the ending: A thousand and one nights later, her life was spared forever. This volume reproduces the 1932 Modern Library edition.
Hayat al-Rasul / Hayat Muhammad [2 tapes]
(Olin BP75 .H35 1999)
Hayy ibn Yaqzan [2 tapes]
(Olin,str1 B753.I5 R53 1999)
Mukhtarat Min Shir Abi al-Tayyib al-Mutanabi [2 tapes]
(Olin PJ7750.M8 A17 1999)
Mustatraf fi Kulli Fann Mustazraf [2 tapes]
(Olin PN6095.A7 I28 1999)
Standard Arabic : An Advanced Course
Janet C. E. Watson, James Dickins. 2 sound cassettes : analog, 1-7/8 ips. ; 3-7/8 x 2-1/2 in., 1/8 in. tape.
This comprehensive course is designed for intermediate to advanced students of Arabic at upper undergraduate level. It uses authentic materials and a wide variety of techniques to develop the four basic language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening. Each of the twenty chapters is based around a particular topic relating to the culture, history, politics, geography or society of the Arab Middle East, to give students an insight into important aspects of the region.
(Olin,str1 PJ6307 .D45x 1999)